Dear ISMIR community,
Now in its 6th round, the WiMIR mentoring program connects women, trans, and non-binary students, postdocs, early-stage researchers, industry employees, and faculty to more senior women and allies in MIR who are dedicated to increasing opportunities for underrepresented community members. By connecting individuals of different backgrounds and expertise, this program strengthens networks within the MIR community, in both academia and industry.
We are seeking motivated peers from the MIR community who can commit to serving as organizer for at least 2 years.
The responsibilities of this role are as follows (responsibilities are distributed among the organizers and average around 2 hours per month per organizer):
- Prepare and distribute signup forms; match applicants into mentor-mentee pairs (Fall/Winter).
- Announce the pairs and serve as a support resource during the mentoring round (Winter/Spring).
- Create and distribute evaluation forms; review evaluations and integrate into the next mentoring round (Summer).
- Prepare and/or present summary slides on the mentoring program for the ISMIR conference and other community presentations as needed (Fall/year round).
- Supervise and delegate program tasks to a team of 2-3 student volunteers; recruit new volunteers as needed (year round).
- Author blog posts announcing the start and end of each mentoring round (Winter/Summer).
- Maintain and update organizational materials, and onboard new organizers (year round).
Sign up here: https://forms.gle/44z6kSNj8D1kgxzE9
Signups will close March 31, 2021, and we will notify and begin onboarding new organizers around May 15, 2021.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Johanna Devaney, Michael Mandel, and Eva Zangerle
WiMIR Mentoring Program Organizing Committee